25th Annual Science & Nature ConferenceMay 15, 2019
What do you get when you combine the curious nature of students with cutting edge topics in science and technology? One of the largest and most popular science conferences for students in the country! The Science & Nature Conference provides students a unique opportunity to work with a variety of science related subjects. It is a fun and enriching opportunity to get students excited about science. With hands-on learning and demonstrations students will get to experience a variety of interesting science sessions such as chemistry, technology, engineering, electricity, physics, nature, the body and much more.This event is for all students in grades K-8.
Mike Zacher, Director of Operations for Aerostar International,Division of Raven IndustriesSioux Falls, SDIMPORTANT:
HOW TO REGISTER: for parents and schools
- See Conference Brochure (click link on right) for Conference Guidelines, Cancellation Policy and Session topics including appropriate grade levels, descriptions and presenters.
- Registration options: register with your school or on your own as a parent.
- Select one contact person from each school building to collect registrations from students and chaperones.
- Parents can register as a family if they are not attending with their school.
- First create a SWWC Service Cooperative account or log into your existing account. You must select your school district or you will not show up on the registration list and my not be able to get back into your account.
- Each contact person registering students will have their own account.
- Parents can register and come on their own or register with their school, if their school is participating.
- Enter all students and adults attending under one contact person from each school building or parent home.
- If parents miss their schools deadline, they must then register on your own.
- Schools cannot allow parents to register their students with a personal account and expect to be listed with the school.
- If you need help or have questions when registering, see the simple step by step instructions under the "Registration" heading on the right side of this page; or contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-537-2257.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
DEADLINE DATES & FEESEvent Date: May 15, 2019
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing (fax or email) by final registration deadline for a refund less a $10/student service charge
- After the final deadline, no refunds will be processed (Thanks for understanding!)
- If a participant is unable to attend, send someone in their place (same classes) and notify us of the change
- If you registered but do not attend, you are still responsible for payment
- Early Registration Deadline: March 19, 2019
- $35/student and $10/adult
NO registrations will be accepted after midnight March 26CONFERENCE SCHEDULE8:00 - 9:00 Registration, Refreshments & Book Sale
- Final Registration Deadline: March 26, 2019
- $40/student and $12/adult
9:00 - 9:10 Welcome & Announcements
9:10 - 9:50 Keynote Presentation
10:05 - 11:05 Session I
11:05 - 11:45 Lunch in RA & Book Sale in Commuter Lounge
11:45 - 12:45 Session II
1:00 - 2:00 Session III*Photos & media: By participating in this event you are giving SWWC permission to use any audio/video recordings and photographs that are taken during the event.