January 9, 2019(snow date January 10, 2019)Students will explore their creativity and discover how to express thoughts using written words. Students also learn that writing is an exciting skill that can open up a lifetime of opportunities. This conference celebrates writing and features a keynote presentation and three hands on sessions were students discover their creative writing abilities during sessions such as poetry, journaling, using the power of the hook, acting, writers block, fairy tale, reporter writing, use your five senses and much more.This event if for all students in grades 3-8.
Douglas Wood, author, musician & storytellerSartell, MNIMPORTANT:
HOW TO REGISTER
- See Conference Brochure (click link on right) for Conference Guidelines, Cancellation Policy and Session topics including appropriate grade levels, descriptions and presenters.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Register with your school or as a parent.
- First create a SWWC Service Cooperative account or log into your existing account. You must select your school district or you will not show up on the registration list and my not be able to get back into your account.
- Each contact person registering students will have their own account.
- Parents can register and come on their own or with their school, if their school is participating.
- Enter all students and adults attending under one contact person from each school building or parent home.
- If parents miss their schools deadline, they must then register on your own.
- Schools cannot allow parents to register their students with a personal account and expect to be listed with the school.
- If you need help or have questions when registering, see the simple step by step instructions under the "Registration" heading on the right side of this page.
Deadline Dates & FeesEvent Date: January 9, 2019
- Cancellation requests must be received by final registration deadline for a refund less a $10/student service charge.
- After the final deadline, no refunds will be processed (Thanks for understanding!).
- If a participant is unable to attend, send someone in their place (same classes) and notify us of the change.
- If you registered but do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
NO registrations will be accepted after midnight November 27Conference Schedule8:00 - 8:50 Registration, Refreshments & Book Sale9:00 - 9:10 Welcome & Announcements9:10 - 9:50 Keynote Presentation10:10 - 11:05 Session I11:10 - 11:50 Lunch & Book Sale in Commuter Lounge11:55 - 12:50 Session II1:05 - 2:00 Session IIIPhotos and Media: By participating in this event you are giving SWWC permission to use any audio/video recordings and photographs that are taken during the event.
- Early Registration Deadline: November 20, 2018
- $35/student and $10/adult
- Final Registration Deadline: November 27, 2018
- $40/student and $12/adult