May 9, 2018
What do you get when you combine the curious nature of students with cutting edge topics in science and technology? One of the largest and most popular science conferences for students in the country!The Science & Nature Conference provides students a unique opportunity to work with a variety of science related subjects. It is a fun and enriching opportunity to get students excited about science. With hands-on learning and demonstrations students will get to experience a variety of interesting science sessions from animals to chemistry to technology, engineering, power, physics, the body and much more.This event is for all students in grades K-8.
Mike Billington, U of M Rator CenterSt. Paul, MNIMPORTANT:
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Conference Guidelines & Specific Details, see brochure.
- Chaperones must know the cancellation policy.
- The brochure includes all session topics, appropriate grade levels and presenters.
- All students must have an attending chaperone assigned to them (there is no ratio).
- All chaperones must be registered and pay the adult fee.
- The final schedule is based on session demand and classs sizes; therefore, we cannot guarantee that students will be assigned to all topics requested.
- Due to limited class sizes, session choices, session times, cancellations and not choosing six topics, will reflect the students final schedule.
- First create a SWWC Service Cooperative account or log into your existing account. You must select your school district or you will not show up on the registration list and my not be able to get back into your account.
- Each contact person registering students should have their own account.
- Parents can register and come on thier own or with their school, if thier school is participating.
- Enter all students and adults attending under one contact person from each school building or parent home.
- If parents miss their schools deadline, they must then register on your own. Schools can not allow parents to register their students with a personal account and expect to be listed with the school.
The Student's Final Schedule will be mailed about a week before the event.
- Due to limited class sizes, appropriate session choices, session times, session cancellations and not choosing six topics, will reflect the students final schedule.
- If you need help or have questions when registering, see the simple step by step instructions under the "Registration" heading on the right side of this page.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
DEADLINE DATES & FEESEvent Date: May 9, 2018
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing (fax or email) by final registration deadline for a refund less a $10/student service charge
- After the final deadline, no refunds will be processed (Thanks for understanding!)
- If a participant is unable to attend, send someone in their place (same classes) and notify us of the change
- If you registered but do not attend, you are still responsible for payment
- Early Registration Deadline: March 20, 2018
- $35/student and $10/adult
NO registrations will be accepted after midnight March 27CONFERENCE SCHEDULE8:00 - 8:50 Registration, Refreshments & Book Sale
- Final Registration Deadline: March 27, 2018
- $40/student and $12/adult
9:00 - 9:10 Welcome & Announcements
9:10 - 9:50 Keynote Presentation
10:10 - 11:05 Session I
11:10 - 11:50 Lunch & Book Sale in Commuter Lounge
11:55 - 12:50 Session II
1:05 - 2:00 Session III*Photos & media: By participating in this event you are giving SWWC permission to use any audio/video recordings and photographs that are taken during the event.