Welcome to Instructional Coaching/New Teacher Center
Since 2018, SWWC has worked with the New Teacher Center (NTC) and member school districts to offer a high-quality, evidenced-based training for instructional coaching. Through this training, instructional coaches have been able to support both new and tenured teachers in improving student achievement, elevating instructional practice and increasing educator effectiveness. Participating districts in the SWWC region include BOLD, GFW, Jackson County Central, MACCRAY, Marshall, Montevideo, Pipestone Area, Redwood Area, SWWC ELCs and Worthington.Education Innovation and Research (EIR) PartnershipNTC was recently awarded a 5-year Education Innovation and Research (EIR) grant to provide school-based, job-embedded support through instructional coaching with an emphasis on Social-Emotional Learning (SEL).Partners in the EIR-SEL grant improve their local capacity to improve teacher practice through coaching with attention to both the academic and social-emotional needs of students and educators.Participating schools and teachers receive:
NTC's coaching model integrates the academic and social-emotional needs of students.
- Dedicated, job-embedded professional learning to create or support school-level instructional coaching expertise
- Access to research informed instructional tools that improve student learning
- Instructional data and data coaching at the district, school and classroom level
- Consultation with school leaders to ensure that all work of the partnership is aligned with school and district priorities with focus on enhancing school-level strategic improvement
- A peer network to strengthen local school relationships and collaboration
- The approach centers on each child and considers the complete environment in which children learn and live.
- The work in schools is anchored in creating optimal learning environments that creates the conditions for learning.
- Each partnership is customized to privilege and support local priorities.