January 3, 2018(snow date January 4, 2018)Students will explore their creativity and discover how to express thoughts using written words. Students also learn that writing is an exciting skill that can open up a lifetime of opportunities.This conference celebrates writing and features a keynote presentation and three hands on sessions were students discover their creative writing abilities during sessions such as poetry, journaling, using the power of the hook, acting, writers block, fairy tale, reporter writing, use your five senses and much more.This event if for all students in grades 3-8.
Lisa M. Bolt Simons, authorFaribault, MNIMPORTANT:
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Conference Guidelines & Specific Details, see brochure.
- Chaperones must know the cancellation policy.
- The brochure includes all session topics, appropriate grade levels and presenters.
- All students must have an attending chaperone assigned to them (there is no ratio).
- All chaperones must be registered and pay the adult fee.
- The final schedule is based on session demand and classs sizes; therefore, we cannot guarantee that students will be assigned to all topics requested.
- Due to limited class sizes, session choices, session times, cancellations and not choosing six topics, will reflect the students final schedule.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- First create a SWWC Service Cooperative account or log into your existing account. You must select your school district or you will not show up on the registration list and my not be able to get back into your account.
- Each contact person registering students should have their own account.
- Parents can register and come on thier own or with their school, if thier school is participating.
- Enter all students and adults attending under one contact person from each school building or parent home.
- If parents miss their schools deadline, they must then register on your own. Schools can not allow parents to register their students with a personal account and expect to be listed with the school.
The Student's Final Schedule will be mailed about a week before the event.
- Due to limited class sizes, appropriate session choices, session times, session cancellations and not choosing six topics, will reflect the students final schedule.
- If you need help or have questions when registering, see the simple step by step instructions under the "Registration" heading on the right side of this page.
Deadline Dates & FeesEvent Date: January 3, 2018
- Cancellation requests must be received by final registration deadline for a refund less a $10/student service charge.
- After the final deadline, no refunds will be processed (Thanks for understanding!).
- If a participant is unable to attend, send someone in their place (same classes) and notify us of the change.
- If you registered but do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
NO registrations will be accepted after midnight November 21Conference Schedule
- Early Registration Deadline: November 14, 2017
- $35/student and $10/adult
- Final Registration Deadline: November 21, 2017
- $40/student and $12/adult
Photos and Media: By participating in this event you are giving SWWC permission to use any audio/video recordings and photographs that are taken during the event.
- 8:00 - 8:50 Registration, Refreshments & Book Sale
- 9:00 - 9:10 Welcome & Announcements
- 9:10 - 9:50 Keynote Presentation
- 10:10 - 11:05 Session I
- 11:10 - 11:50 Lunch & Book Sale in Commuter Lounge
- 11:55 - 12:50 Session II
- 1:05 - 2:00 Session III