January 3, 2018(snow date January 4, 2018)Students will explore their creativity and discover how to express thoughts using written words. Students also learn that writing is an exciting skill that can open up a lifetime of opportunities.This conference celebrates writing and features a keynote presentation and three hands on sessions were students discover their creative writing abilities during sessions such as poetry, journaling, using the power of the hook, acting, writers block, fairy tale, reporter writing, use your five senses and much more.This event if for all students in grades 3-8.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERLisa M. Bolt Simons, authorFaribault, MNIMPORTANT:
HOW TO REGISTER (click the link on the right side of this page)
- Conference Guidelines & Specific Details, see brochure.
- The brochure includes all session topics to choose from, appropriate grade levels and presenters.
- All students must have an attending chaperone assigned to them. (there is no ratio)
- All chaperones must be registered and pay the adult fee.
- Students must be signed up for sessions (appropriate for their grade level) in order for them to get scheduled.
- Chaperones must know the cancellation policy.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- First create a SWWC Service Cooperative account or log into your existing account.
- Everyone has their own account, even schools, so parents can register on their own or with the school.
- Parents can register themselves and their students if they are coming on their own; enter all students and adults attending.
- Schools must register all students and adults attending together as a group in one contact persons account, per building.
- If parents miss the schools deadline, schools can not allow parents to register their students with their personal account and expect to be listed with the school.
- If you need help or have questions, see the simple instructions under Registration heading on the right of this page.
- The Student's Final Schedule will still be mailed about a week before the event.
- Reminder: Due to limited class sizes, choosing sessions with appropriate grade levels, session times, session cancellations and not choosing six topics will reflect students final schedule.
Deadline Dates & FeesEvent Date: January 3, 2018Early Registration Deadline: November 14, 2017$35/student and $10/adultFinal Registration Deadline: November 21, 2017$40/student and $12/adultNO registrations will be accepted after midnight November 21Conference Schedule
- Cancellation requests must be received by final registration deadline for a refund less a $10/student service charge.
- After the final deadline, no refunds will be processed (Thanks for understanding!).
- If a participant is unable to attend, send someone in their place (same classes) and notify us of the change.
- If you registered but do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
- 8:00 - 8:50 Registration, Refreshments & Book Sale
- 9:00 - 9:10 Welcome & Announcements
- 9:10 - 9:50 Keynote Presentation
- 10:10 - 11:05 Session I
- 11:10 - 11:50 Lunch & Book Sale in Commuter Lounge
- 11:55 - 12:50 Session II
- 1:05 - 2:00 Session III