Criteria for Consideration of Services
- Student must meet Minnesota Special Education Disability Criteria.
- Student must have a current Individual Education Plan (IEP) including a Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBSP) or Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP).
- Student must have a specific goal related to the student’s behavioral needs.
- Student must have a current Evaluation Report (ER) including a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA).
- Student must exhibit an educational need for a Federal Setting IV program and have been serviced at least 60% of the school day in a special education setting (i.e. Federal Setting III).
Referral Process Steps
- If receiving SpEd Services from SWWC, notify your Director/Assistant Director of Special Education of the need for a referral. The Director/Assistant Director of Special Education will complete the online SWWC Referral Form.
- If NOT receiving SpEd Services from SWWC, please fill out the ELC Referral Packet and fax it in to the ELC of your choice to be placed on the ELC Referral List.