Instructional Coaching Support for Leaders - Marshall
Come for a whole or half day!!!!
From Building Manager to Instructional Leader...I Didn't Learn This in School! Instructional Coaching Support for Leaders
Have your test scores increased in the last 5 years? Do standards drive your curriculum? Has your curriculum review cycle changed to mee the 21st Century demands to ultimately save your school district money? What are your school's instructional practices - worksheets, whole group novels, etc? Has the culture of the building changed dramatically? Do you have PLCs? If so, what work has been accomplished?
The role of school leaders has changed significantly in recent years. With little support, school administrators are now expected to provide leadership in curriculum, instruction, and assessment for learning; these demands represent a significant shift from what used to be considered a mostly managerial position! In this session, we will provide a foundation and process for leading the work of curriculum, instruction, and assessment for learning in your schools and districts. During this day, you will learn how to:
- lead a continuous improvement process in learning and teaching, with an intentional focus on Tier 1, Core Instruction.
- write and recognize standards-aligned curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- develop a curriculum review cycle that is responsive and flexible, including how to allocate resources and curriculum budgets differently.
- support planned and purposeful collaborative team work (PLCs).
- use data to make decisions about where to focus your responsive support and professional learning efforts.
We will structure the day to include time for reflection and collaborative learning. You also won't be on your own after the day is over! Future sessions will coach you through a variety of instructional leadership topics and tools.
PLEASE BRING A DEVICE AS WE WILL BE SHARING RESOURCES DIGITALLY
Cost: SC Members - $25.00 per person for full or half day
Non-SC Members - $125.00 for full day $75.00 for half day
Schools currently in Shared Services, RtI, the North or South Collaborative qualify for the $25.00
Registration Deadline: February 8, 2017
CLICK HERE to register online
SW/WC Service Cooperative
1420 East College Drive
Marshall, MN 56258The zipcode must be numeric with at least five numbers.