Vision Services at SWWC
SWWC staff provide:
- functional vision assessments, IEP team membership, and student specific in-services.
- resource information to families regarding specific eye diseases and other syndromes to help children function as independently as possible.
- consultation to determine need for instructional materials, including adaptation of curriculum to large print Braille, tactile graphics, or other alternative forms.
Blind/Visually Impaired Resources
- American Printing House for the Blind
- American Foundation for the Blind
- National Library Service for Blind and Physically Handicapped
- Association of the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind/Visually Impaired
- A Guide to Visual Disabilities - How Colleges Help Visually Impaired Students Succeed
- Minimizing Vision Problems in College
SWWC's Teachers/Specialists of the Visually Impaired
- Wilson Ebner: Fulda, Marshall, Springfield, Tracy Area, WWG and Windom
- Linda Lund: HBC, JCC, Luverne, Mountain Lake, RLB, Tracy Area, WWG, Windom and Worthington
- Karin Marquardt: Benson, Dawson-Boyd, Lac Qui Parle Valley, MACCRAY, Montevideo and Ortonville
- Alex VanDerHeiden: Hutchinson, JCC, Milroy and New Discoveries/Hutchinson
- Heather Boniek: ACGC, BBE, BOLD, GSL and MACCRAY