Vision Services at SWWC
SWWC staff provide:
- functional vision assessments, IEP team membership, and student specific in-services.
- resource information to families regarding specific eye diseases and other syndromes to help children function as independently as possible.
- consultation to determine need for instructional materials, including adaptation of curriculum to large print Braille, tactile graphics, or other alternative forms.
Blind/Visually Impaired Resources
- American Printing House for the Blind
- American Foundation for the Blind
- National Library Service for Blind and Physically Handicapped
- Association of the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind/Visually Impaired
- A Guide to Visual Disabilities - How Colleges Help Visually Impaired Students Succeed
- Minimizing Vision Problems in College
SWWC's Teachers/Specialists of the Visually Impaired
- Linda Lund: Fulda, HBC, JCC, Luverne, Mountain Lake, MCC, RLB, WWG, Windom and Worthington
- Karin Marquardt: BLHS, Dawson-Boyd, GSL, MACCRAY, Marshall, Ortonville, Prinsburg, RCW and YME
- Alex VanDerHeiden: Fulda, Milroy, Springfield, Tracy Area, WWG and Windom
- Heather Boniek: ACGC, BBE, Benson, GSL, KMS, and NLS