E-rate funding year runs from July 1 to June 30. July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014 is Funding Year 2013.
- Technology Plan beginning FY11, according to the FCC's Sixth Report and Order (FCC 10-175, released September 28, 2010), technology plans will not be required for Priority 1 services (Telecommunications Services and Internet Access) for FY2011 and future funding years. You will still need to complete a technology plan to qualify for Telecom Equity Access Aid.
- Form 470 Your form 470 must be posted at least 28 days before the filing of the Services Ordered and Certification Form (Form 471), keeping in mind (1) the time frame for compliance with all competitive bidding requirements, and (2) the Form 471 application filing window opening and closing dates. This typically needs to be done by early January.
- Form 471 This is the Services Ordered and Certification Form. This form is completed early January to March preceding the start of the Funding Year. Each year USAC releases a filing window. It traditionally closes mid- March. The form must be completed at least 28 days after the Form 470 but before the filing window closes to be eligible for any funding.
- Item 21 Each funding request on the Services Ordered and Certification Form (Form 471) must include a description of the products and services for which discounts are sought. This form must be completed during the filing window.
- Form 471 RAL Applicants and service providers receive a Form 471 Receipt Acknowledgment Letter (RAL) to confirm receipt of a timely-certified Services Ordered and Certification Form (Form 471)
- FDCL Following application review, USAC issues one or more Funding Commitment Decision Letters (FCDLs) to both the applicant and the service provider(s).
- Form 486 USAC cannot process a payment unless a properly completed Receipt of Service Confirmation Form (Form 486) has been submitted by the applicant and processed. This must be received or postmarked no later than 120 days after the date of the USAC Funding Commitment Decision Letter or 120 days after the service start date, whichever is later.
- BEAR (Form 472) and SPI (Form 474) These forms are filed to receive the E-rate discount applied directly to your bill as a credit or to receive reimbursement for amount paid. These must be received or postmarked no later than 120 days after the date of the Form 486 Notification Letter or 120 days after the last date to receive service, whichever is later (typically October 30)
- Appeals- These must be received or postmarked no later than 60 days after the date of USAC's decision letter.