Region 3 Administrator of Excellence
The purpose of this award is to honor an administrator from each of the nine MASA regions. The person selected is representative of the leadership excellence found in MASA members, exhibits a willingness to risk, possesses strong communications skills, is a progressive change agent, and has high expectations for self and others.Selection Criteria
- Must be a practicing administrator and member of MASA.
- Must have demonstrated professional and organizational leadership within their MASA region.
- Must have provided service to MASA through active participation in an MASA district, regional, and state organization and/or leadership functions and activities.
- Must have demonstrated active involvement in educational and community affairs.
- Must be regarded as a role model by MASA colleagues.
2022 Chad Anderson, Tracy2021 Sherri Broderius, MACCRAY2020 Wayne Wormstadt, Windom2019 Chris Fenske, Lakeview2018 Cliff Carmody, SWWC Service Cooperative2017 Chris Sonju, Glencoe-Silver Lake2016 John Landgaard, Worthington2015 Paul Carlson, New London-Spicer2014 Jerry Kjergaard, Willmar2013 Keith Kottke, Springfield
2012 Loy Woelber, WWG and Tracy
2011 Dave Marlette, Tracy
2010 Bill Strom, Mountain Lake
2009 David Baukol, Montevideo
2008 Kathy Leedom, Willmar
2007 John Brennan, Red Rock Central
2006 Gery Arndt, Jackson County Central
2005 Corny Smit, Murray County Central
2004 Luther Heller, Springfield
2003 Lee Warne, SWWC Service Cooperative
2002 Palmer Anderson, Lakeview
2001 Brad Madsen, Dawson-Boyd
2000 Rick Ellingworth, Redwood Falls
1999 Richard Orcutt, Windom
1998 Steve Kjorness, Westbrook Walnut Grove
1997 No recipient
1996 No recipient
1995 H. Lyle Jones, Canby
1994 William Bjorklund, Morgan
1993 Ed Nystrom, Montevideo
1992 Burt Nypen, Ortonville
1991 Bernard Ailts, Canby
1990 Harold Kirchgasler, Sleepy Eye
1989 Dwayne Pecks, Ivanhoe-Lake Benton
1988 Wally Johnson, Dawson-Boyd
1987 Ralph Brynelson, Cottonwood
1986 Ralph Norland, Montevideo