Transform Your Classrooms Through VR with Google Expeditions
What are Google Expeditions?Imagine teaching your students about Lincoln’s Assassination and being able to transport your class directly to the Ford Theatre. Google Expeditions Virtual Reality (VR) Kits allow teachers to take their students on virtual field trips (Expeditions) to amazing places such as the Coral Reefs, the Great Wall, the Liberty Bell, track the path of Syrian refugees, view the respiratory system, and even into outer space. There are over 230 expeditions to choose from. To view the expedition list that are available please visit bit.ly/SWWCGooE
- SWWC has virtual reality kits available thanks to a grant from Minnesota Telemedia. SWWC received two sets of Google Expeditions VR Kits for use by K-12 schools that are members of SWWC.
- Each kit contains a teacher device, 30 student devices, 30 viewers, and a router that allows the student devices to “travel” to the classroom destination. The student devices do not need Internet and will not be connected to your school’s wireless network.
- The kits are completely self-contained and very easy to share amongst multiple classrooms in a school and even multiple schools in a district.
- Kits can be checked out from SWWC for five consecutive days (M-F).
- All inquiries and reservations must be made by the school's technology coordinator by contacting the SWWC Helpdesk at 507-537-2260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.