The National Alliance on Mental Illnesses (NAMI) reports that:
- 1 in 5 youth will be diagnosed with a serious mental heatlh condition.
- 11% of youth will have a mood disorder.
- 10% of youth have a behavior or conduct disorder.
- 8% of youth have an anxiety disorder.
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for youth ages 10-24.
- 50% of all lifetime cases of mental illnesses begin by age 14 and 75% begin by age 24.
The infographic below shows the ten year history of Mental Health First Aid USA.