Facilitated By NEED, The NEED Project designs and delivers teacher-tested educational materials, evaluation techniques and tools, recognition of student achievement, and professional development for educators. NEED materials and training programs provide comprehensive, objective information about the scientific concepts of energy and the sources of energy-their use and their impact on the environment, the economy and society.
Who Should Attend?
- K-12 by need, Grade Science Teachers
- Career & Technology Teachers
- Afterschool and STEM club leaders
For the Attendees:
- It's FREE
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Substitute reimbursement
- Receive NEED Solar Energy Kit available
- Minnesota standards aligned curriculum
- The Science of Energy - Learn more about the forms of energy while experimenting with the NEED Project's Science of Energy kits, including:
- Energy Enigma - After learning about the Science of Energy, participants begin studying the sources of energy. What are they? Where do they come from? How do we use each of the 10 sources of energy?
- Solar Energy 101 - After learning about the forms of energy with the Science of Energy, participants will begin studying the way solar energy is tapped to provide electricity, hot water, and heating and cooling of buildings.
- Exploring Solar Energy - Explore activities and find new ways to incorporate solar into your classroom!
- Energy Management - Learn about NEED tools and activities that teach about energy conservation and efficiency.
Registration Deadline: March 3, 2017